Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Drake Covers XXL 150th Issue

XXL celebrates their 150th issue and 16 year anniversary with one of the top artists in the game on the cover.  After years being in the rap game this is Drizzy's first solo XXL cover.

During a 2-hour interview with writer Thomas Golianpoulos numerous topics were discussed such as upcoming album, success, competition, image and yes... Amanda Bynes.

When asked about album he said I remember coming in to the year like "How am I going to be seen? I'm going to be like that kid waving in the background photo with all these tall relatives.  And I guess, those were my initial thoughts, and not to say that I haven't enjoyed some of the stuff that has came out this year, but it didn't pan out the way I thought it was going to.  I think I am going for it, to really establish what are murmurs or things being quietly said like "Um, I think might actually..." On September 17th I want people to be like "Oh we were right"

When asked about his success Drake said "I get Jewish people coming up to me proud like "Mazel Tov bro. Come to my house for a Shabbat dinner".

Competition in the game he replied " It's tough for me. That's a guy I can't pretend to not like. He's the guy to me, in a lot of ways. That's Kanye West.  But I'm also here to be the best. I'm here to surpass.  I'm here to outdo.  I'm ready for whatever with anybody".

During the OVO Fest Drake brought out Kanye West and performed "New Slaves" and "All of the lights".  After Yeezy performed he said "Me and Hov would've never made "Watch the Throne" if this n****a wasn't putting pressure on us like that".

Drizzy's highly anticipated album "Nothing Was The Same" drops September 17th.  Do you think Drake will have the Number one album of the year?

This issue of XXL Magazine hits the shelf August 20th.

Boo the Owl : Wrangling Julia For Hawkeye Bird and Animal Control

No comments:

Post a Comment